What is the food pyramid?
Food pyramid groups
The first group, “the top of the pyramid”:
- The top of the food pyramid is “a small group of foods” that the body needs in small quantities and in limited quantities.
- This group consists of all kinds of sugary foods and sweets, in addition to oils, fats, butter and ghee.
- The body needs such types of foods, but in very limited quantities. so that a person is not exposed to the risks of chronic health diseases such as overweight and obesity.
- However, a small amount of sweets and sugars is sufficient to provide the body with the required energy.
2 – The second group of the food pyramid “group of milk and its derivatives”:
- The second group, which is found in the food pyramid, is one of the most important food groups that the body needs in abundant quantities.
- It is a group of foods rich in calcium that are abundant in all types of dairy products and their derivatives. As this group helps greatly in protecting the human bones from being fractured or brittle and promoting muscle health.
- This is because they are high in calcium and many fat-soluble vitamins that benefit the body’s muscles. These foods are milk, yogurt and cheese of all kinds.
3- The third group of the food pyramid “proteins group”:
- The third group is one of the most important components of the food pyramid. which occupies a large place within the components of the food pyramid.
- It is a group of different foods that contain a large proportion of protein. The human body needs ample amounts of protein throughout the day.
- protein is abundant in all types of meat, whether it is red meat like goat or lamb.
- As well as poultry and marine meat such as fish and various seafood, including shrimp, crab and clams.
- In addition to the presence of proteins in legume foods such as lentils, beans, chickpeas, beans and peas. Eggs are also rich in protein and vitamins.
4- The fourth group of the food pyramid: vegetables and fruits group:
- The group of vegetables and fruits immediately follows the group of proteins.
- It is no less important than protein and calcium foods that the human body, needs in large quantities.
- Fruits and vegetables are very high in all types of vitamins and complex carbohydrates.
- This is in addition to the large amount of dietary fiber that cleans the body of toxins and improves digestion and excretion.
- Vegetables also contain key minerals and antioxidants.
- This group includes all kinds of fresh vegetables and leafy greens such as spinach, radish, lettuce, cauliflower and cabbage.
- In addition to tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and capsicum. As for fruits, the most important ones are oranges, apples, bananas, strawberries, kiwis, pomegranates, berries, melons and others.
5- The fifth group of the food pyramid “is the base of the pyramid.”:
- As for the last component of the basic food pyramid, it is located at the base of the pyramid.
- The base of the food pyramid includes all whole grains, such as oats, quinoa, wheat, and barley.
- Also, foods rich in starches and carbohydrates are found in abundance in rice, bread, pasta and potatoes.
- As these foods contain an abundant proportion of minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber that the body badly needs. It also helps improve digestion.
The required daily rations from the food pyramid
What are the benefits of the food pyramid?
What is the diet pyramid ?
Some general tips for losing weight
- 1- Caution when eating dinner, as it should be light and not contain high calories. as these calories are stored in the body during sleep.
- 2- Be careful not to eat while watching TV.
- 3- Eat food on small plates; This is to reduce the amount of food without feeling it.
- 4- Using frankincense during the day can be effective in burning calories in the body.
- 5- Drink adequate amounts of water during the day as well as before bed.
- 6- Not to rely on the car to move within small distances. and to replace it with walking or riding a bicycle.
- 7- Try not to use the elevators and use the stairs to go up and down. as this helps eliminate calories in the body.
- 8- Use unsaturated fats and free of cholesterol, reduce sugar intake, and reduce salt intake.
- 9- A person must reduce the number of calories entering his body. if he wants to lose weight, and he can work on that by doing exercises.