Table of Contents
Factors determining skin types
There are a group of factors , that depend on the presence or absence of them. to determine skin types, namely:
- (a) : The percentage of water in the skin, and other factors that affect the elasticity of the skin.
- (b) : The percentage of oils secreted by the skin, and the factors affecting that.
- (c) :The sensitivity of the skin to various factors.
What are skin types?
The skin has many types, each of which needs special care and attention. and suitable preparations for it , to appear more beautiful and youthful.
Therefore, dear women, you must know your skin type, to take care of it, according to its type.
because poorly choosing a suitable product for the skin may cause it to have a lot of problems, that distort its beauty and fade its radiance and freshness. Certain ways to deal with it.
Madam, we will introduce you to all types of skin and how to determine its type.
so that you can follow the appropriate care routine, and buy the appropriate cosmetic products for her and shine with very smooth and beautiful skin.
skin types are: oily, dry, normal, combination or sensitive.
Skin type can also change over time. Where it is normal for young people , to have a different complexion from that of the elderly.
- 1- Oily skin:
If the skin is oily, smooth and permanent luster. it is highly prone to the appearance of pimples, acne and blackheads.
then it is oily skin which, although difficult to care for, is resistant to wrinkles until an advanced age.
- 2- Dry Skin:
Do you have thin skin with small and narrow pores?. Do you feel a lot of itching and redness on your skin, and is usually exposed to cracking and peeling, and sensitivity, especially in the winter?.
Then you have dry skin, that needs a lot of care and attention from you.
- 3- Normal skin:
If your skin is free from blackheads, acne, and infections. Matte and balanced, you are fortunate dear to have a normal complexion , that is one of the most comfortable, healthy and radiant skin types. It also doesn’t need much care.
- 4- Combined skin:
Combination skin may be one of the most difficult types of skin. as it can be dry or normal in some areas, and oily in others, such as (the nose, forehead and chin).
However, many people have complex T-shaped skin , and this skin needs special care.
- 5- Sensitive skin:
Do you feel itching, redness, burning, or dryness?. Especially if you use a cosmetic or a care product?. Then you have sensitive skin.
Determine skin types
Some people are not aware of how to determine their skin type. so some of them may suffer from skin problems, as most products must be used depending on the type of skin.
so you must follow appropriate steps to know their type. there are three ways to determine them:
- 1- Daily test:
Observe the skin from morning to evening. oily skin is full of oils and shiny.
combination skin increases oil production in the T-zone and the rest of the skin is dry.
normal skin is moderate in redness and oil production. dry skin has prominent wrinkles and peeling. while the skin Sensitivity at the end of the day is reddish due to many factors.
- 2– Face wash test:
Wash your face well using water and face lotion, then dry it with a soft, clean towel.
Leave your face for an hour without applying any cream or makeup on it.
With a soft tissue paper, press all the areas on your face, such as the forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks.
then examine the tissue carefully to see the effects of those areas that you pressed on the surface of the tissues.
you will be able to determine your skin type according to the following results:
- If you find traces of oils on the tissue, your skin is definitely oily.
- But if your skin is of the combined type, the effects of fat will be limited to some areas, such as the nose and forehead. while the rest of the areas, such as the chin and cheeks, for example, you will find it dry.
- But if you did not find any traces of grease on the tissue, and you noticed that it is completely dry with a few white scales. this is an indication that your skin is dry.
- But if the tissue remains completely clean, free of grease and scales. then you are lucky because your skin is of the normal type, which is the best type of skin.
- 3- Visiting a dermatologist:
The dermatologist has special methods such as imaging the skin and skin layers.
then the doctor can determine the type of skin by seeing the sebaceous glands, the concentration of blood vessels, the degree of redness of the skin. and whether the skin suffers from rosacea.
skin care routine
Due to the multiplicity of skin types, the methods of skin care also vary accordingly, for example in dry skin, we strive to maintain the moisture of the skin.
so that we do not increase its dryness, and for oily skin we must work to reduce the moisture of the skin and control the amount of oils produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin.
and must also be taken into account, Sensitivity of sensitive skin, and weather conditions such as severe dehydration due to heat and lack of drinking water.
or diseases such as eczema or even cosmetic products due to the use of products , that contain irritating substances that do not suit the skin, leading to skin irritation.
Therefore, there are broad lines for skin care, including the following: All skin types:
1- Maintaining the moisture level of the skin in accordance with its type.
2- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect the skin from UVA and UVB. apply it to the skin a quarter of an hour before going out, in an adequate quantity, and renew it regularly.
3- Paying attention to commercial products that are placed on the skin. not believing the commercial claims about them, and paying attention to the product ingredients well.
4- Avoid smoking and remove cosmetic items before bed.
5- Dry skin: permanent moisturizing of the skin with creams and ointments. especially after showering, because the heat of the water when showering evaporates the water, and removes oils from the skin in general.
theskin in particular, exposing it to severe itching and dryness.
6- Taking short warm baths and staying away from long hot baths.
7- Stay away from exfoliators while showering, especially if the skin is very dry.
8- Oily skin: wash the skin at least twice a day, and after sweating.
9- Staying away from messing with pimples and not trying to empty their contents. and using noncomedogenic products that mean that this product will not clog the pores of the skin, which will reduce the appearance of pimples.
10- Avoid drying the skin with rough cloth and towels. Because it causes excessive friction, it stimulates the production of oils by the sebaceous glands.
11 – Gentle and light peeling of the skin once to twice a week. Because it helps remove layers of dead skin, thus increasing the youth’s youthfulness.
Skin-friendly habits and foods
- The skin is a sensitive reflection of a person’s habits and what he eats.
- Sleeping enough and eating healthy foods increases the freshness of the skin. Lack of sleep increases the hormone cortisol, which in turn increases tension and inflammation in the skin.
- in general, the skin in particular, and many parts of the body.
- As for food, there are several varieties that benefit the skin, brighten it and highlight its luster. such as fatty fish, which includes salmon and herring fish.
- Vitamin E and other compounds protect the skin from the sun’s UV rays, which in turn increase wrinkles.
- In addition to many foods that will benefit all types of skin, such as walnuts, sunflower seeds, and others, so what is eaten reflects on the skin.
- Drink enough water to prevent dehydration, which affects the body and its activity.