Antibiotics and natural antibiotics
Antibiotics are the medicines we use to prevent bacterial infection . The role of these antibiotics is to kill or prevent the growth of the bacteria that cause the infection .
The antibiotics we use differ eaccording to , the type of bacteria that the body is exposed to .
Causes of antibiotic resistance
- There is no doubt that antibiotics are a wonders of modern medicine, starting with the discovery of penicillin in 1928 . in 1940, antibiotics spread widely around the world .
- What prompted doctors and people to forget natural antibiotics , and to turn away from them in treating infections , such as the treatments that were used in the past , such as fish oil and cod liver oil .
- This major change in the medical paradigm in recent decades has led to the misuse of antibiotics.
- By over-dispensing and ingesting them , which led to an increase in the resistance of the bacteria to antibiotics , and their lack of response to them , which are called drug-resistant bacteria completely .
- Among these antibiotic-resistant species are the strain of tuberculosis, the cause of drug-resistant TB , and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus , especially in children and infants .
- In addition, the excessive treatment of infection with the use of chemical drugs leads to killing the beneficial nature bacteria in the intestine in particular, which results in disturbances in the intestine .
- The intestinal balance can be restored and this imbalance fixed by consuming probiotics, which restore the beneficial bacteria to their normal level.
- However, recent studies and from several sources have proven that beneficial bacteria, especially in the intestine, may change their level permanently .
- As a result of the use of drugs, especially chemical antibiotics, and this change may last for at least several years. Ultimately, antibiotic-based treatments should only be prescribed in life-threatening situations if they are to be used as a last resort.
- Natural antibiotics come as food, or medicinal plants that strengthen the immune system.
- It facilitates cell regeneration, and prevents bacteria and viruses from developing a resistance mechanism.
- It also enhances the body’s natural mechanisms to eliminate anything harmful. To prevent infection and fight viruses and bacteria of all kinds, here are these natural antibiotics.
Examples of natural antibiotics
1) – The Garlic
2) Oregano essential oil
3)- Bee’s honey
4) – Lemon
5) – Onions
6) – Ginger
7) – Olive leaf extract
8) – Turmeric
9) – Echinacea
10) – Green tea
11) – Cumin
12) – Red pepper
13) – Grapefruit seed extract
14) – Raw apple cider vinegar
15) – Virgin coconut oil
- 1) – The Garlic :
It is a very effective natural antibiotic, it fights disease-causing germs and maintains beneficial bacteria . Thanks to many compounds including allicin .
In case of infection, you can eat garlic, or apply it directly to the skin . If you have trouble eating or digesting garlic, you can take capsules that contain it .
- 2) Oregano essential oil :
This very powerful oil fights viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites.
You can eat it or apply it to the skin . However, we recommend that you choose good quality and not adulterated .
Take a drop of this oil twice a day, and you can mix it with honey or olive oil . This oil should not be consumed during pregnancy .
- 3)- Bee’s honey :
Honey is considered an effective natural antibiotic with great benefits .
Manuka honey , which is produced in New Zealand, is the best type of honey, which has anti-infection properties.
In 2017, the World Food and Drug Organization approved manuka honey as a wound dressing.
The surprising thing about this honey is that it is a food, and it is used well in infections that affect the skin.
It can also be used for internal infections, and it has also proven effective in reducing cavities caused by bacteria in the teeth .
Manuka honey is one of the types of honey bees that consume nectar from the flowers of the Manuka tree, and most types of honey are known to have medicinal properties .
Bee’s honey is a natural antibiotic used to prevent many diseases . you can eat it every day in moderate amounts , and you can also use it to avoid refined sugars .
- 4) – Lemon :
Lemon is one of the best citrus fruits that are classified as a natural antibiotic.
To preserve this ingredient, you can grate the crust , and keep it in the freezer until it freezes , and you can add it later in juices , salads , soups and cakes .
- 5) – Onions:
Onions are a medicinal food, that has very beneficial properties for prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases, as well as parasites .
In addition, it enhances detoxification from the body, thanks to its sulfur content.
Therefore, it is considered one of the best natural antibiotics , so do not hesitate to add it to your daily dishes ; whether fresh or cooked, because it boosts the immune system and treats mild infections .
- 6) – Ginger:
Studies have shown that fresh ginger is a natural antibiotic against foodborne pathogens, such as salmonella, listeria, and campylobacter.
Also, fresh ginger increases stomach acid production, and thus helps relieve indigestion .
It is recommended to eat fresh ginger , and take advantage of it as a preventive antibiotic .
- 7) – Olive leaf extract:
Many people are unaware of the benefits of olive leaf extract as a natural antibiotic .
Studies of olive leaf extract have found , that it has healing properties against malaria . It has also been shown to reduce fever , and reduce fever during severe illnesses .
During the last century, oleuropein was isolated from the leaves of the olive tree, which is thanks to the tree’s disease-resistant properties .
Studies have also proven that oleuropein, ailonic acid, is a natural, broad-spectrum antibiotic against not only bacteria, but also fungi and viruses .
Herbs containing antibiotics
- 8) – Turmeric:
Turmeric is a spice widely used in cooking, especially in India, and it has been used throughout history for centuries .
Dr. Kelly Brogan has proven in her research, that curcumin in turmeric has effective properties against Helicobacter pylori ; the most famous stomach germ that causes stomach ulcers, as curcumin repairs any gastric damage resulting from this infection .
Turmeric is also very effective in treating symptoms resulting from nasal allergies and fever .
- 9) – Echinacea :
The echinacea is a type of herb that is widely used to fight infection, and it has been subject to extensive scientific research .
Echinacea is used to fight infections that cause cold symptoms , and upper respiratory tract infections .
It is also used against other types of infections , such as colds , urethra infections , and vaginal infections that occur due to fungi ; Septicemia , which is a bacterial infection that affects the blood , and tonsillitis and gum disease .
- 10) – Green tea :
Green tea has the tremendous ability to eliminate disease-causing bacteria, as it is rich in a substance called ECGC ; Which is one of the most important natural antibiotics, especially if a little salt is added to it .
It is recommended to take it with synthetic antibiotics ; To double the elimination of bacteria and speed up the healing process .
- 11) – Cumin :
Cumin has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, and is useful in treating some skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It also protects wounds from exposure to pollutants and helps them heal.
- 12) – Red pepper:
Red pepper is one of the best natural antibiotics , because it contains compounds that help prevent bacteria from growing, by reducing the pH balance in the stomach .
It also contains other compounds such as quercetin , which is one of the most effective compounds at eliminating bacteria .
Studies have also shown that red pepper hardens the bacterial membrane , which leads to its death and can prevent the onset of pneumonia in mice infected with Staphylococcus aureus .
- 13) – Grapefruit seed extract :
According to a study published in the Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, grapefruit seed extract is effective against more than 800 types of viruses and bacteria .
against more than a hundred strains of fungi and many parasites ; Due to its large amount of antioxidants, grapefruit seed extract boosts immunity and aids digestion .
- 14) – Raw apple cider vinegar :
Benefits of daily doses of apple cider vinegar include the benefit of being an antibiotic and a natural cleanser.
It has many benefits , ranging from its ability to control weight, to lowering the level of cholesterol, to reducing the risk of cancer .
Apple cider vinegar can be used topically for disinfection and sterilization .
- 15) – Virgin coconut oil :
There are many benefits of extra-virgin coconut oil . It is characterized by its anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties, as well as it contains antioxidants that cannot be found in other natural elements .
Use extra-virgin coconut oil to boost your immune system , balance thyroid , cholesterol , and blood sugar levels , and even improve brain function.
Safe for both indoor and outdoor use , virgin coconut oil is one of nature’s most unique and versatile gifts .
Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil to your morning coffee for even more energy, and a clear mind all day .