Medicinal herbs have been used since ancient times in the treatment of many diseases, and these herbs have continued to be used until now to treat some diseases.
The names of many medicinal herbs, some of which are known and commonly used, and some of them are also not commonly used.
most common natural herbs
Natural herbs have been used for medicinal uses throughout history, and some of them were known for their medicinal properties long before they were used in cooking.
some recent research has shown that many of them have wonderful health benefits, and the most important of these common herbs in the world are.
1)- Green tea and its health benefits
- green tea:
One of the most popular healthy drinks at all, it is native to the Australian continent, and despite that, its price is high there.
Green tea has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-virus properties. At the present time the herb is used in the manufacture of soaps, moisturizers and bathing products.
The great benefits of green tea are due to the fact that it contains B vitamins, folate (folic acid), manganese, potassium, magnesium, caffeine and many antioxidants.
Health benefits of green tea
- Effective in treating headaches and depressive states.
- Fresh green tea leaves are richer in antioxidants than the commonly used teas, due to their exposure to several processes during their processing.
- Losing weight and encouraging metabolism and fat burning.
- Reducing cholesterol and protecting the heart and arteries.
- Prevention of cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is used to prevent infection of nails, skin, mouth and nose.
- Adds a refreshing scent that lasts for a long time.
- Prevention of lice infestation.
- Fast treatment of wounds and burns.
- Eliminates dandruff and refreshes the scalp.
- It treats headaches, colds and dental pain.
2)- Sage and its health benefits
It is a grass that is beautiful in appearance and soft to touch. It is usually grown in home gardens. The leaves and roots of the sage herb can be used to treat a number of diseases effectively.
It is also rich in nutrients to a large extent as well as antioxidants.
health benefits of sage
- Significantly improve memory performance.
- Eliminate depression in a short time.
- Heal wounds quickly.
- Treating stomach diseases and improving their health.
- Soothing dental pain and eliminating bad mouth odor.
- Reducing the risk of infection of the respiratory system, nose and throat.
- One of the most powerful cleansing herbs
3)- Red pepper and its health benefits
- Red pepper:
Red pepper is one of the most popular vegetables used to impart a strong flavor to food at all, as it has been used in many dishes in all countries of the world since ancient times until now.
Red pepper contributes to improving blood circulation, food absorption, energy supply, and digestive health.
health benefits of red pepper
- Improving the digestive system functioning in the body.
- Prevention of fungi and influenza infection.
- Prevent blood clots and promote saliva production in the mouth.
- Improve heart health.
- Preventing cancer if eating red pepper periodically.
4)- Chamomile flower and its health benefits
- Chamomile flower:
Chamomile flower is the most famous medicinal plant at all that has been used since ancient times, where man has noticed its positive and effective effects on the general health of the body.
besidesits wonderful and attractive appearance, as it contains unique elements used in the treatment of many diseases and without the slightest side effects.
Chamomile flower benefits
- Prevention of diabetes and muscle cramps.
- Maintain the health and freshness of the skin.
- Reducing morning sickness for women during pregnancy.
- Reducing the risk of infections and dental problems.
- Prevention of the spread of bacteria in the body.
- The stability of the digestive system and the prevention of stomach pain.
- Reducing the risk of cancer.
- Contributes to improving hair health and maintaining its attractive black color.
- Stabilizing blood sugar levels and reducing heartburn.
- Eliminate dandruff and calm the scalp.
5)- Cinnamon and its health benefits
Cinnamon is a very delicious spice and is available in all shops around the world. It has been famous for its healthy properties for thousands of years.
Cinnamon is extracted from the inner bark of trees, and it was known for its health benefits in ancient Egyptian science.
Cinnamon health benefits
- Reduces blood sugar.
- It has a strong anti-diabetic effect.
- Cinnamon has beneficial effects on nerve diseases.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Prevent cancer.
- Cinnamon helps fight bacteria and fungal infections.
6)- Turmeric and its health benefits
Turmeric is one of the perennial herbs, and it has several names, such as; Alwaros herb, horde, colony of India, Indian saffron, Kharkum, and dizziness.
turmericis commonly used in the Arab world and used as an additional flavor for food, and it can also be used topically and has many benefits.
Health benefits of turmeric
- Good for liver health and detoxifies the body.
- It helps in losing weight and burning fat.
- Helps control diabetes.
- Helps fight Alzheimer’s
- Turmeric reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- It is considered an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and useful in the fight against cancer.
- It is useful for treating some skin diseases and for bone pain.
But it has some drawbacks, the most important of which is the feeling of stomach pain , and irritation when using large amounts of it.
7)- Evening primrose oil and its health benefits
- Evening Primrose Oil:
Evening primrose is a flower that can be used in all its parts and in different shapes and bodies, and its most important and most common extract is evening primrose oil.
benefits of evening primrose oil
- The oil is used orally and is available in the form of capsules. It is useful for menstrual pain and premenstrual syndrome.
- It is also useful for treating breast pain and some minor skin diseases, such as: allergies and eczema.
- It is also effective in menopause, as it reduces hot flashes that occur in many menopausal females.
- Relieves depression that affects some women after childbirth.
- Maintains hair health, because it nourishes the scalp and reduces its dryness.
8) – Peppermint and its health benefits
Peppermint is one of the herbs that is widely used and is used as a beverage for children and adults, and it is also used to flavor some foods.
health benefits of mint
- Powerful detoxifying properties for eliminating them through sweat.
- Natural remedy for headaches and migraines.
- Relax and calm the nervous system.
- Fast removal of dental pain.
- The stability and balance of the digestive system.
9)- Rosemary and its health benefits
Rosemary is an evergreen shrub that falls under the list of food spices, aromatic and medicinal plants common around the world.
Health benefits of rosemary
- Helps to stimulate hair growth and maintain healthy skin, as it stimulates blood circulation.
- Improving memory and combating old age.
- Promote the health of the digestive system.
- Rosemary is used to give a good flavor to food.
- Good for memory and energy, and gives a feeling of energy, like caffeine.
- It works as a sedative to relieve stress and reduce nasal congestion caused by allergies or during colds and flu.
10) – Ginger and its health benefits
In many Asian countries, especially in India, ginger is used as part of the daily healthy diet. As the medicinal properties of ginger can treat many diseases.
Health benefits of ginger
- Drinking ginger leads to the stability and balance of the digestive system.
- Improving nutrient absorption in the body.
- Anti-inflammatory properties contribute to pain relief and treatment.
- Ginger helps prevent postoperative nausea.
- Cancer, diabetes and asthma resistance.
- Cleaning the blood vessels inside the body.
11)- Fenugreek and its health benefits
Fenugreek has always been known and used in the past to treat many medical problems, and now it has many uses in the world of medicine, health and others. It is one of the herbs widely used in the Arab world for children and adults.
Health benefits Fenugreek
Control sugar levels.
- Reducing cholesterol and promoting heart health.
- Eating fenugreek may help enhance the functioning of the digestive system, and combat problems of indigestion and disorders.
- the fenugreek’s content of antioxidants, such as vitamin C and vitamin A.
- it was found that fenugreek may be used as an anti-tumor, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory agent in the body.
- Relief of heartburn symptoms.
- It is used as a drink and it is effective in reducing blood sugar, and it is also used to stimulate milk production during breastfeeding.
12)- Garlic and its health benefits
Garlic is used widely in the Arab world, and it is used in many foods and dishes in many countries.
It is also a popular herb that can treat a large number of ailments. Besides, it is low in calories and rich in nutrients. Garlic contains vitamin C, B6, manganese, and fiber.
health benefits of garlic:
- It helps prevent the spread of cancer.
- Improving the health of the immune system in the body and reducing the chance of developing diseases.
- Digestive balance and improved nutrient absorption.
- Reducing blood pressure and preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Preventing allergies and improving iron absorption.
- Helps treat dental pain quickly and detoxify the body.
13)- Ginseng and its health benefits
Ginseng is a traditional herb that contains anti-inflammatory properties. that help reduce inflammation, boost immunity, brain function, and energy levels in the body.
It also possesses properties that enable it to protect the nervous system, fight cancer and diabetes.
You can get this plant from pharmacies or popular markets, but make sure not to over-consume it, as this may cause headache, insomnia, and digestive problems.
health benefits Ginseng
- Activate memory and the ability to think and focus.
- It strengthens the immune system in general.
- It is included in recipes for healthy weight gain without increasing harmful body fats.
- Help reduce high blood pressure.
- Treat Alzheimer’s disease by taking it weekly for 12 weeks.
- Reduces high blood sugar levels.
- It reduces the risk of developing cancer, especially breast, ovarian and skin cancer.
- Relieves pain associated with the menstrual cycle.
- It strengthens hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
- Treat stomach infections.
14)- Thyme and its health benefits
Thyme is used as an aromatic plant widely. Flowers, branches, and oil have many health benefits.
In ancient Egypt, thyme was used to treat many medical conditions. Thyme is also one of the plants that has strong anti-fungal, antiviral, antiseptic and anti-parasitic properties.
Health benefits of thyme
- Preventing bacterial diseases transmitted through food.
- Stabilization of pressure in the body.
- Reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Suitable solution for treating dry skin, itching and inflammation.
- Treatment of colds and coughs.
- It is a sedative for the nervous system and helps relax.
15)- Cumin and its health benefits
Cumin is a flowering plant that grows from the Mediterranean region to Pakistan and India.
The seeds are used in the cooking processes of many different cultures around the world.
Cumin is most famous as a spice available in the Indian subcontinent and some other countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin American countries.
it knows where it belongs to the tent family Cumin seeds in a wooden spoon.
health benefits of cumin
- Helps digestion.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Treating many different diseases such as: insomnia, respiratory disorders, asthma, bronchitis, colds, lactation, anemia, skin disorders, and boils.
- Cancer treatment
- It has a strong effect in preventing diabetes.
16)- Basil and its health benefits
Basil is also known as tulsi, basil is considered one of the best medicinal herbs ever.
health benefits of basil
- Oral care
- Help in treating disorders of the respiratory system
- Treating fever, asthma, lung disease, heart disease and stress
- Basil can prevent many diseases by adding it to drinking water or food, as basil can kill germs and microbes.
- If you grow it indoors, it protects the family from infections, coughs, colds and other viral infections.
Nowadays you can find all these herbs and plants from every supermarket around the world. In fact, every family has their own herbs and spices.
In ancient times, these herbs were only available to royalty, but in our day they are cheap and available to everyone, giving us the opportunity to benefit from the health benefits of each herb.