Perhaps you didn’t know that coffee is everyone’s favorite hot drink, all over the world. Globally, an estimated 2.25 billion cups are drunk daily.
History of coffee
Coffee is one of the drinks with a unique charm for everyone. Over time, coffee has become one of the most popular drinks in the world.
Coffee drinks continued to evolve until different methods of preparation appeared. There are also many flavors, colors and shapes, each with a different flavor.
Some types of coffee are dark, some are light, and some are medium between light and dark, and green coffee that is used without roasting.
Coffee is a beverage made from coffee beans and is the roasted fruit of the coffee ax. People drink coffee to relieve mental and physical fatigue and to increase mental alertness.
A cup of coffee in the morning may contain more than just a boost of energy, a cup of coffee in the morning may be love.
The habit of drinking coffee in Yemen and Arabia dates back to the fifteenth century, after the spread of the coffee bean trade since it was discovered in Ethiopia.
Coffee is produced by drying and roasting coffee seeds, which grow on evergreen coffee trees, which need to be grown in tropical countries because they require climates with high heat and humidity.
Strongly roasted (dark) coffee contains less caffeine. By roasting, coffee beans lose their caffeine content and reduce their nutritional value.
Types of coffee beans
The quality and taste of coffee varies, due to the type of coffee used to prepare the coffee. There are several types of coffee, approximately one hundred types are used in the preparation of coffee.
But in general, there are two basic types of coffee or two types of coffee plants, one called “Arabica“, and the other called “Robusta”.
There are some key differences between the two types, and Arabica coffee usually tastes better, and is smoother when compared to Robusta.
Robusta has a bitter taste that people don’t like very much, but Robusta contains almost double the caffeine compared to Arabica coffee.
So if you are looking for great taste go for Arabica, if you are looking for caffeine go for Robusta.
Arabica coffee is usually more expensive, because the Arabica plant is more delicate, it is more susceptible to disease than Robusta, and the Robusta plant will live longer and give coffee all year round.
Cuban civet coffee is Indonesian coffee and is considered the most expensive coffee in the world, with a price of 1300 US dollars per kilogram.
It is made from the excrement of the Asian palm civet (therefore, it was called the Cuban civet coffee), which feeds on coffee, then extracts the coffee beans with its droppings.
Types of coffee and methods of preparation?
- (1) – Arabic coffee
- (2) – Turkish coffee
- (3) – Espresso coffee
- (4) – American coffee
- (5) – South Indian coffee “Pacino”
- (6) – Moroccan coffee
- (7) – Vietnamese coffee
- (8) – Mocha coffee
- (9) – Cappuccino coffee
- (10) – French coffee
- (11) – Frappe
1) – Arabic coffee:
- Arabic coffee lovers love its distinctive taste and wonderful flavour, and some prefer to eat dates next to it to enjoy.
- The Arabic coffee produced in Yemen is considered one of the oldest types of coffee that was introduced.
- The manufacturer may also add many herbs such as saffron, cardamom, and others. Some Arabs put cardamom seeds in the desert and urban areas.
2) – Turkish coffee:
- Turkish coffee is very popular nowadays. It is made from a tablespoon of coffee powder and boiling water, and sugar is added as needed.
- Turkish coffee is medium roast, and soft, you can add ground cardamom to it.
Turkish Coffee Ingredients
- Two glasses of water.
- A teaspoon of sugar or without sugar.
- Two teaspoons of ground coffee with or without cardamom.
How to make coffee
- We put water in the kettle, which is called the cupcake in some countries, add sugar and coffee, and stir over a low heat when the coffee boils.
- Reduce the heat and boil for one minute, then pour it into a serving cup.
3) – Espresso coffee:
- It is a strong black coffee, with a higher concentration of coffee powder, which is made by a special machine, and packed into a small cup due to its higher density.
- It should be thick and foamy, golden brown on the surface. When the foam is perfect, the sugar, which is added to the surface, floats for a few seconds before going down to the bottom of the cup.
- The amount of coffee used varies according to the percentage of concentration that the individual desires, it is possible to use from 18 grams to 21 grams for a stronger flavor.
- Espresso coffee is essential for cappuccino and other coffees.
4) – American coffee:
- Americano is nothing but a diluted version of espresso, just add some hot water to your espresso and it becomes an Americano.
5) – South Indian coffee “Pacino”:
- Unique and popular coffee with milkshake. When you add milk in hot chocolate, on espresso with cream; On top and getting smaller comes the most famous patchino especially in India.
- It mainly consists of milk foam, and of course, fresh.
The best coffee
6) – Moroccan coffee:
- It is distributed in many cafes that serve Moroccan coffee.
- It is one of the best types of coffee, which is a small cup of half coffee and half hot milk, and some spices or herbs such as cinnamon, cardamom and ginger.
7) – Vietnamese coffee:
- Vietnamese coffee is one of the best types of coffee, and it is made by pouring hot water into a small jug with black coffee beans inside.
- The jug has small openings at the bottom, and a glass cup is placed under it, with a little milkshake at the bottom. And add over the coffee pieces of ice and drink cold.
8) – Mocha coffee:
- Mocha is a luxurious coffee from France or Italy. It is considered one of the most famous types of coffee, and the methods of preparing it vary, including:
- Add 1/3 espresso, 1/3 raw unsweetened chocolate, and 1/3 evaporated milk. You can add cocoa powder, or chocolate and a little whipped cream on top.
9) – Cappuccino coffee:
- It is considered one of the wonderful and distinctive drinks for many coffee lovers. There are many copies of it, thanks to the sophistication, in the additions that are placed on it.
- It is often made by mixing an equal amount of coffee, evaporated milk and milkshakes. In the amount of 60 ml for each ingredient, sprinkle a little unsweetened cocoa or dark chocolate on the face.
10) – French coffee:
- It is prepared from coffee, mixed with a milkshake and is usually served in a large cup.
11) – Frappe:
- Finally there is the frappe, an iced coffee with specialty ice cream, and steamed milk.
benefits of coffee for the health of the body and skin?
In fact, coffee is so healthy that, due to its high content of antioxidants and beneficial nutrients, it can actually improve your health.
Studies have shown that coffee drinkers are unlikely to suffer from many serious diseases.
benefits of coffee for the health of the body
(1) – Coffee stimulates the “nervous system”, increases the activities of mental processes, such as “focus and attention” and is also anti-drowsiness because it contains caffeine.
(2) – Coffee helps to lose weight, as the “caffeine” in coffee can reduce the “excess” appetite, and thus help in the process of losing weight.
The effect of green coffee for weight loss is more effective than roasted coffee, because it contains substances that can have a short-term effect in weight loss.
(3)- Coffee is useful for those who exercise, because it reduces the “muscle contraction” resulting from exercise. (Coffee can relieve muscle pain, especially after exercise, because caffeine stimulates muscles and provides energy for the body.)
(4)- Coffee contains antioxidants, which makes it an effective drink to fight cancer and treat weak immunity.
(5) – It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
(6) – Coffee improves the effectiveness of “insulin” in the body, because it reduces blood sugar, which makes coffee a useful drink for diabetics, and for those who want to lose weight.
(7) – Coffee reduces the secretion of “liver enzymes”, so it can protect the human body from cirrhosis and liver cancer.
(8) – Coffee helps reduce the risk of stroke, and it also helps diuresis.
(9) – It protects against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, and helps prevent Parkinson’s disease or Parkinson’s disease.
(10) – Helps fight depression, by improving mood.
Benefit from leftover coffee
(1) – It stimulates blood circulation in the skin, and because of the presence of caffeine in it, it helps to get rid of oxidation of the skin and cells, which causes the appearance of wrinkles.
(2) – Using coffee residues as a cosmetic preparation, by mixing coffee residues with a small amount of olive oil, and massaging the skin.
Coffee residues can be used to exfoliate the skin, or what is called exfoliation, which will soften the skin, and remove dead cells.
(3) – In addition, according to a report on the German NDR website, coffee is used in some cosmetics to get rid of what is called cellulite. Therefore, some women wipe the stomach and buttocks, with the remains of coffee to reduce cellulite in these parts.
(4) – According to the “Focus” magazine website, coffee residues can be used to remove unpleasant odors in the hands, which result from preparing some foods with a strong smell (such as garlic, onions and fish).
In addition, leftover coffee can be placed in the refrigerator to get rid of residual food odors.
What are the disadvantages of drinking coffee?
There are often no risks from drinking coffee for healthy people, but many of the health risks of coffee are linked to the caffeine content, which coffee contains, especially for the elderly.
Therefore, it can be avoided by drinking decaffeinated coffee or reducing its drinking, as two cups of coffee are perfectly suitable during the day, and some of its damages are as follows:
(1) – Coffee is the main cause of insomnia, and coffee drinkers often have trouble sleeping.
(2) – Coffee also makes the heart beat faster, and this can be dangerous for heart patients.
(3) – Coffee reduces the body’s ability to absorb iron, and its excessive intake may irritate the colon.
(4) – Coffee can cause nervous tension. Also, those who used to drink coffee often, may not be able to do things on normal days. So they can’t get their regular cup of coffee. Also, a person may feel a severe headache, which poses a threat to his life.
(5) – Coffee increases stomach acidity and irritates the colon, so the best way to drink it is in the middle of the day, or at least half an hour after meals.
Based on what was listed above, you should drink coffee to take full advantage of its benefits without excessive consumption. In order not to suffer from these risks, you can drink a cup or two of coffee every day.