Table of Contents
One of the most common types of alternative medicine is herbal medicine . The types of herbs vary , according to their uses and specialization.
There are herbs for medical conditions , specialties for child health , for men and women health , and for aging herbs , So what is herbal medicine? .
- It is a subject of botany , and it includes the use of what is intended from plants , for medicinal purposes or as a food supplement .
- Herbal medicine is an ancient method of treating human ailments . This method of treatment goes back to many ancient times , and it may have accompanied the history of mankind since the beginning of his existence on earth .
- Herbs are an essential ingredient in Chinese medicine , homeopathy , naturopathy, Amerindian medicine and more .
- Each type of medicinal herb has its own characteristics , that make it suitable for specific uses.
uses of herbal medicine
- For example , there are herbs for stomach diseases , some for treating bone and joint diseases , and some are used in treating kidney diseases .
- All of these medicinal herbs have been studied and tested , so they are safe to use , but under the supervision of a specialist in alternative medicine , and herbal medicine .
- Where you must pay attention and beware of allergic reactions in the person , to one of these herbs and try to avoid them , and avoid increasing the permissible dose .
- The specialists in the field of herbal remedies , use all parts of the plant in herbal medicine , such as : leaves and stems , flower and all roots , in the treatment or alleviation of diseases.
- All herbal remedies are still subject to laboratory experiments , and various scientific researches to come up with proven results on the outcome of treating each herb .
how to use medicinal herbs
- Using medicinal herbs in their raw form .
- Converting medicinal herbs into tinctures .
- Extracts from herbs .
- Convert them into capsules or tablets .
- Turn them into ointments for painting .
- Put it in food or dessert .
Examples of medicinal herbs
|Herbal medicine examples|
- ginkgo herb , is one of the oldest medicinal treatments in Chinese medicine .
- it contributes to treating many medical conditions , including ; alzheimer’s disease , diabetes , bone pain , anxiety , depression .
- It is worth noting that despite the benefits of ginkgo , its excessive use may cause some side effects , such as; headache , stomach upset , dizziness , and allergies .
- Ginseng is a traditional herb , that contains anti-inflammatory properties .
- Ginseng helps reduce inflammation , boost immunity , brain function , and energy levels in the body . It also possesses properties , that enable it to protect the nervous system , fight cancer and diabetes .
- You can get this plant from pharmacies or popular markets , but be sure not to overuse it . This may cause headaches , insomnia , and digestive problems .
- Turmeric is classified as one of the oldest Indian medicinal remedies , as studies indicate that turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- This makes it an effective treatment to fight cancer . turmeric also helps prevent DNA mutations , arthritis , and skin diseases .
- A plant with a strong taste and strong aroma , ginger contains a variety of compounds that are really good for your health.
- it is used as a sedative for the stomach , in the treatment of gout , and in dilating blood vessels , and for colds , nausea , migraines , and high blood pressure .
- It is a white flower plant that smells fragrant , and many studies indicate that chamomile contains nerve-relaxing properties . This makes it an effective medicine for symptoms of anxiety , nervous conditions , and insomnia .
- Chamomile is also used as a treatment for nausea , diarrhea , constipation , stomach pain , urinary tract infections , wounds , and respiratory infections .
Wild artichoke :
- wild artichoke plant contains a powerful antioxidant known as flavonolignan , which helps protect the liver from fibrosis or inflammation .
- This enhances the liver’s main function of flushing out toxins from , the body and digesting fats.
- Clove has been used since ancient times to treat a variety of ailments , including wounds , burns , dental pain , sore throats , stomach upset , and the common cold .
Green tea :
- It is a type of tea that is low in oxidation , and has many benefits for the body , and it is used as a stimulant , and tonic for the body .
Milk thistle :
- It is a plant from the sunflower family , and is used in the medicinal fields . Its seeds are used to obtain the active ingredient (silymarin) , which is necessary in the treatment of liver diseases .
- Anise is one of the plants that are included in a number of medicinal folk mixes .
- Drinking anise helps ease the digestive process , and is a good remedy for indigestion and constipation.
- Drinking anise is a good repellent of stomach gases , which lead to many disease problems .
- Saffron is one of the types of spices that are added to various foods , especially in the Arab countries .
- It has been scientifically proven , that saffron contains the best nutrients . Which makes its use important for health and beneficial to the body.
- It helps to lose weight , prevent cancer , and reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms .
Notes when using medicinal herbs as a treatment
It should be noted that it does not mean that things are natural , that it means that they are safe to use at all times .
There is evidence that some herbs have harmful effects , and sometimes toxic in some cases .
Even after a group of researchers conducted a group of experiments , and collected them, this led to the extraction of a set of results that can be used by doctors and herbal users, for example:
- 1) – The main point is that the point of weeds is completely harmless , as it is wrong and not true as most believe .
A lot of reports around the world have unanimously agreed that herbs have a harmful effect , in some cases , and on the contrary , they can have a negative effect .
- 2) – In exchange for medical drugs subject to the control of the Ministry of Health and certain bodies.
However , medicinal herbs are treated as food , and no prior experiments are conducted on them before using them .
- 3) – It is assumed that these herbs , will be tested before they can be used as a treatment on humans .
- 4) – Patients should consult a specialist doctor , before using any medicinal herbs in treatment.
sources (+) .