Healthy food, its importance for health and the most important advice for a better healthy food.
1)– Healthy food
- Healthy food or “balanced food” means a balanced diet that is moderate in noun and different in type that leads to improving one’s health.
- It is also defined as a variety of foods that provide the body with the necessary nutrients to maintain its health, provide it with energy.
- in addition to generating a feeling good for it, these elements include carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, plus minerals, vitamins, and water.
- Healthy food means eating foods rich in nutrients in the appropriate quantities from all food groups.
- healthy food should not be consumed only for weight loss, but as a lifestyle, and eating healthy foods and engaging in sports activities will reduce the risk of disease, reaching and maintaining the ideal weight.
- Eating a healthy diet helps prevent malnutrition in all its forms and diseases such as heart, diabetes and cancer.
2)- Importance of healthy food for general health
Eating a healthy food is of great importance for all parts of the body,;
- It helps it perform its various functions, and it helps protect cells from environmental damage and repair damaged cells.
- protiens helps rebuild the affected tissues, and boosts the immune system.
- Carbohydrates and fats provide the necessary energy for the body.
- Both vitamins and minerals are involved in various body processes.
- a)- vitamin C, vitamin A, in addition to vitamin E act as antioxidants against various toxins.
- B-complex vitamins, as they help the body to extract energy from food. and phosphorus and calcium maintain the strength and health of bones.
- in addition to sodium and potassium, which help the body transmits nerve signals.
- Disease prevention: A healthy and balanced diet helps prevent many diseases, and this is not limited to obesity and related diseases.
Rather, it should be noted that a severe increase or decrease in one of the foodstuffs may result in several health problems.
- Weight control, weight loss does not require only reducing the amount of calories consumed daily.
Rather, it is necessary to follow a healthy, balanced diet, and refrain from eating diets rich in calories such as fast food, processed foods, and sugar-rich beverages.
- make sure to consume foods and drinks with a lower caloric content and higher in content.
3)- Healthy food ingredients
- Eating healthy food and eating a balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and it can help you feel better.
- Components of a healthy diet; A healthy diet includes eating different types of food, but without eating a large amount of calories or a large amount of one type of food.
- Healthy food ingredients; A healthy food consists of “whole grains – fruits and vegetables – protein and dairy – fats – sugars”.
4)- Tips for better healthy food
- – You have to eat the right amount of calories for your activity, so that you can balance the energy you consume with the energy you use. If you eat or drink a lot, you will definitely gain weight. But if you eat less food and drink, you will lose weight.
- – You should eat a wide range of foods to ensure that you get a balanced diet and that your body gets all the nutrients it needs.
- – Make your meals focus on starchy foods, “Starchy foods should make up about a third of the foods you eat. Starchy foods include potatoes, grains, pasta, rice and bread”.
- – You should choose wholegrain varieties, if you can, they contain more fiber and can make you feel full for longer.
Try to include at least one starchy food at every main meal. Some people think that starchy foods cause obesity, but compared to fats, they contain less than half the calories.
- – Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, It is recommended to eat at least five portions of a variety of fruits and vegetables daily.
- – Eat more fish, Fish is a good source of protein and it contains many vitamins and minerals. Try to eat fish at least twice a week, including at least one serving of oily fish. Oily fish is rich in omega-3 fats, which may help reduce heart disease.
- You can choose between fresh, frozen or canned fish, but remember that canned and smoked fish can be high in salt.
- – Reduce your intake of saturated fats. We need some fats in our food. But it is important that we pay attention to the amount and type of fats we eat.
Healthy eating habits
There are two main types of fats, saturated and unsaturated. Too much saturated fat can increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood, which increases the chances of developing heart disease.
- – Saturated fats are found in many foods, such as hard cheeses, cakes, biscuits, sausages, cream, butter, lard and pies.
- – Try to reduce your intake of these foods, and choose foods that contain unsaturated fats instead of saturated fats, Such as vegetable oils, oily fish and avocados.
- – Reduce your sugar intake. Most people eat a lot of sugar. Sugary foods and drinks, including alcoholic beverages, are often high in energy (measured in kilojoules or calories), and can contribute to weight gain. They can also cause tooth decay, especially if eaten between meals.
- You should reduce sugar-sweetened soft drinks, cakes, biscuits and sweets, which contain added sugars.
- this is the type of sugar that we should reduce our intake of instead of the sugars that are naturally found in foods such as fruit and milk.