We will talk about good and bad foods for the the liver .
- The liver is the largest internal organ that takes care of about 500 basic functions of our body . did you know that ; it filters 1.4 liters of blood ; in one minute .
- It performs a variety of essential tasks , that range from producing protein , cholesterol and bile . To store minerals and vitamins , as well as carbohydrates .
- It also breaks down toxins such as drugs , alcoholic beverages , and byproducts of metabolism . Which keeps the liver in good condition , maintaining health .
- The liver usually contains some fat, but when it consists of 5 to 15 of the weight of the liver in fat; It is called fatty liver.
A) Foods that are good for the liver
- 1) – garlic .
- 2) – coffee.
- 3)- Omega-3 fatty acids .
- 4) – Cruciferous vegetables .
- 5) – The different types of tea .
good foods for the liver
- 1) – garlic :
Garlic is a powerful herb , and a popular home remedy for treating many health conditions :
- First : this excellent herb contains selenium , which helps detoxify the liver .
- Second : It also contributes to the activation of enzymes capable of expelling toxins from the liver .
- Third : It has the ability to reduce weight and body.
- Fourth : garlic gives a great taste to food . you can consume about 400 milligrams of garlic regularly , as part of your daily diet .
- 2) – coffee :
Coffee can be one of the simplest and best foods for the liver . as it helps protect the body , from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease .
Coffee contains chlorogenic acid ; Which has anti-inflammatory , and antioxidant effect . It reduces cholesterol and high blood pressure .
- 3) – Omega-3 fatty acids :
Omega-3 fatty acids are an excellent food , for a fatty liver . as they fight inflammation , obesity , insulin resistance , high blood pressure , and low HDL levels .
- 4) – Cruciferous vegetables :
Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli , are among the best foods for a fatty liver . These vegetables are high in fiber .
Rich in antioxidants , it boosts liver enzyme levels . These enzymes help detoxify the liver .
Vegetables are prime sources of fiber , and they contain little or no saturated fat , making them a great choice for the liver .
In fact ; broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables contain a substance called indole , which is a natural chemical that helps control non-alcoholic liver disease .
5) – The different types of tea :
Green tea as a type of tea is liver friendly , due to its antioxidant , and detoxifying effects. Green tea is an excellent food for a fatty liver .
B) Foods harmful to the liver
- There are many foods that are toxic to the body , and can harm the health of the liver.
- Consuming the wrong foods , medications , or toxins cause inflammation and damage to liver cells . Which may lead to hormonal fatty liver disease , bile imbalance , cirrhosis and liver failure .
- Here is a list of foods that are harmful to the liver to avoid at all costs . Your choices of foods and drinks can have surprising side effects on your liver , without you even realizing it :
1) – Alcohol .
2)- Sweetened drinks and sugary foods .
3) – French fries .
4) – processed foods like pepperoni .
5) – The cheeseburger .
6) – Whipped cream .
7) – Whole milk .
8) – Ice cream .
9) – Soup rich with salt .
10) – Ricotta cheese .
11) – Bread, pies, pizza, etc .
12) – Red and processed meat .
Foods bad to liver
- 1) – Alcohol :
The liver filters out , toxins like alcohol . So how can alcohol harm the liver ; if it is filtered by the liver? , Some liver cells die every time, alcohol is filtered , according to Nebraska Medicine .
Significant (and irreversible) damage to liver tissue may occur , especially if too much of it has been drunk over a long period .
But if you are a coffee lover, there is some good news . Reuters reported that a lower incidence of cirrhosis was linked to drinking two more cups of coffee per day .
Risk reduced by 44%, those two more cups of coffee may also repair alcohol-induced liver damage .
The good news is that the liver can repair itself from alcohol damage , when you stop drinking alcoholic beverages .
- 2) – Sweetened drinks and sugary foods :
The only drink that affects liver health is not alcohol , sugary drinks can also affect liver health very badly .
Fructose , in low concentrations , is processed by the small intestine . But a new study shows that fructose in higher concentrations is bad for the liver .
Consuming large amounts of fructose-rich foods such as raisins can lead to inflammation and fatty liver.
This is because fruit sugar , which is called fructose ; May generate excessive levels of fats in the blood , when ingested in large quantities .
This slows down the liver’s function , preventing it from being able to properly process fats , which leads to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease . Beware of these foods for your toddlers .
Forbidden foods for people with fatty liver
- 3) – French fries :
All types of fatty foods are not preferred by the liver . The liver is responsible for breaking down fats , converting them into energy , and thus when you overeat a lot of fatty meals .
- 4) – processed foods like pepperoni :
Pepperoni is mainly rich in saturated fats , saturation is one of the worst kinds of things to hit the liver . Food such as pepperoni should be avoided .
Pepperoni is one of the biggest nutrients , packed with excessive saturated fat . containing about 17.7 grams per 100 grams of saturated fat (89% of the DV) .
Saturated fats are considered more ” metabolically harmful ” to the liver than other fats , according to the Fatty Liver Foundation .
Try a bowl of warm oatmeal , which can reverse the results of fatty liver disease , instead of eating pepperoni or other cured meats .
fatty foods for toddlers
- 5) – The cheeseburger :
Cheeseburger is a food that has a bad reputation due to its high levels of saturated fat . Which are mostly found in animal products and oils .
- 6) – Whipped cream :
Whipped cream is not good . Except for its wonderful , succulent flavor , you know .
However, there aren’t many benefits , or any actual benefits , when it comes to the healthy look of whipped cream .
There are a lot of high calories , sugar , fat , and saturated fat in whipped cream .
There are about 23.2 grams per cup of cream . Like any of the other meals high in saturated fats on this list .
Milk damage to the liver
- 7) – Whole milk :
One cup of whole milk contains about 9.1 grams of saturated fat , which isn’t ideal if you’re considering liver .
Low-fat milk , which is abundant in whey protein , can be essential to prevent future liver damage .
Try switching to the low-fat version , or having tea instead of drinking whole milk .
Green tea is a good drink for your liver and health . You can drink green tea for your health.
Regular intake of green tea has been determined to , enhance liver blood parameters.
- 8) – Ice cream :
On behalf of the liver , you should avoid sweets that are high in sugar .
Most ice creams , per 1/2 cup, contain 92 percent of the daily value from saturated fat .
You cannot tolerate these levels of saturated fat , if you have liver problems . Cake frosting and any dessert with the whipped cream ; mentioned above are another dessert, which should be clear .
- 9) – Soup rich with salt :
- Not all soup is bad for you . However , many soups likely contain a massive amount of salt .
- It is associated with excessive consumption of sodium ; Directly related to liver problems .
- Eating meals high in salt , such as processed and packaged soups , may contribute to liver scarring, for example .
- Soups may be an easy supply of vegetables, but fresh vegetables are better for you than canned ones.
bad foods for the liver
- 10) – Ricotta cheese :
Ricotta cheese is not the ideal choice for your liver meal , ricotta cheese should be avoided for anyone suffering from hepatitis .
There are 10.3 grams of saturated fat ; per cup .
If you want cheese , almonds are a better alternative for snacks . Whole sources of vitamin E , almonds and walnuts help protect your body from fatty liver disease , and can provide heart-healthy benefits .
- 11) – Bread, pies, pizza, etc :
- These are some of the worst foods that damage the liver , as they cause spikes in blood sugar and insulin .
- This promotes fatty deposits in the liver, which hinder its normal functions .
- And the worst foods are bread cake , pancakes , pizza , biscuits , waffles , pasta and rice , these foods are rich in carbohydrates ; that have the same negative effects as eating pure sugar .
- You should always stop eating such foods . Where there is a lack of minerals , fiber and vital vitamins in them .
- The highly refined kernels are converted to sugar content . This substance is difficult to deal with and ends up in the liver in the form of fat .
- It is one of the main causes of fatty liver disorders . Instead , you should choose nutritious options that help your liver stay healthy all year long .
- Unfortunately , when it comes to liver health , bread may not be a good choice for the liver .
- 12) – Red and processed meat :
eating a lot of processed and red meat ; It may increase your chances of developing a serious liver condition as well as insulin resistance .
Red meat may be high in protein, but it’s hard for the liver to absorb .
The breakdown of proteins in the liver is not easy , and it can cause many liver problems.
In addition ; excess protein in the liver , can cause fatty disorders in the liver , and can negatively affect the brain and kidneys .
- These are the nutritional foods that make the liver bad . Everything remains within the limits and is fine , but once you exceed these limits , you threaten the health of the liver .
- There are many nutritional foods ; that cause liver damage .
- There are also plenty of natural foods ; that you can use to heal your liver .
- It is important to know which foods to avoid ; So that we can secure long-term liver health , which leads to a longer , healthier and richer life .