(A) First aid for head injuries
Head injuries are often one of the most serious types of injuries , in the workplace . It must be handled with extreme caution , the first aid response often varies based on a person’s symptoms , and the severity of the injury .
- 1- First assess the level of consciousness of the person , if any loss of consciousness occurs or is present at any time ; call the emergency number immediately .
- 2- In the case of severe injuries , keep the person as still as possible . If there appears to be any bleeding , apply forceful pressure directly , to the wound .
- 3- For minor injuries , do your best to calm the individual , and encourage them to lie down . While applying ice to the injury to prevent swelling , continue to observe the individual for at least 30 minutes .
- (B) first aid for poisoning
- 1- If you come across someone around you who appears to have been poisoned , contact emergency services immediately . It can also be life-saving by obtaining an SDS sheet for the product , which may be the cause of poisoning .
- 2- In addition to calling in poison control , you can follow these quick , life-saving actions ; which can often be of interest . The effect if followed within seconds – 2 minutes of ingestion of the poison .
- 3- If you suspect poisoning by ingestion , immediately contact a poison control center who may encourage the person to drink a small amount of water, or milk .
in case the person complains of irritation or a burning sensation in the stomach . He was conscious , had no convulsions , and was able to swallow .
- 4- If you suspect poisoning has occurred through the skin , the affected area should be rinsed well for at least 15 minutes . And if there is any side effect , a doctor should be contacted and a visit will be required .
- 5- If you suspect inhalation poisoning ; remove the person from the area, and move them to a safe place . Once moved to a safe location , contact poison control for further recommendations .
- (C) how to treat a seizure first aid
- 1- Although many individuals who suffer from epileptic seizures , do not need first aid . But aid is often aimed at maintaining , until a seizure occurs ; a person’s safety ; Because the seizure often stops on its own .
- 2- If you come across a person having an epileptic seizure , always keep them calm , relax anything around the person’s neck , and do not restrain them . Clear the area around him , and stay with him until the seizure stops .
- 3- If the seizure lasts more than five minutes ; Call the emergency immediately . and stay with him until the arrival of the competent authorities .
- (D) first aid for choking sign
Every year many people die from choking on objects in the windpipe , which obstruct the airway, and cause suffocation . In fact , the fourth major cause of unintentional death is suffocation .
Heimlich maneuver on yourself
- (1) First you must cough , to expel the stuck thing . But if that doesn’t work , clench your fists down your back , raise your diaphragm , and let the air out of your lungs . This causes the foreign body , to be expelled from your airway .
- (2) If the item is still there , you can still perform abdominal thrusts to remove the item using a hard surface such as a chair or table .
- (3) put your fist just above your navel , and grab your fist with the other hand , leaning against a hard surface . Push your fist in and up . A table top or chair , will help you push out the stuck thing .
Heimlich’s maneuver on someone else
- (1) To perform the Heimlich maneuver on another person , standing behind the person . place one foot slightly in front of them , for balance .
balance is very important , because if you can’t dislodge the stuck object . it will pass out , You need to be prepared to direct the person to the ground . without harming them yourself .
- (2) Wrap your arms around the tip of the waist , the person will forward with a slight fist ; place with one hand just above the person’s navel .
But below the rib cage , grab your fist with the other hand , and pull firmly toward your abdomen with a quick push up .
Lift the person upward for six to ten abdominal compressions ; until the obstruction is cleared . If someone else is available to you let them . call for help while you are doing first aid .
- (3) And if the person becomes unconscious , be sure to lower them safely to the ground . And clear the airway , if obstruction is visible , in the back of the throat or at the top of the throat .
If you cannot see the object , be careful not to push the food or object deep into the airway , which can easily happen in young children .
- (4) If the body remains stable , do the above procedures . Perform CPR , if trained properly .
If you are not trained, do chest compressions . Begin with chest compressions . the chest compressions used in CPR can displace the body , and remember to recheck the mouth periodically .
Heimlich maneuver for pregnant women
- To perform the Heimlich maneuver on someone who is pregnant , or cannot put your arms around them . Point the person toward the wall , place your hands slightly higher than the normal Heimlich maneuver , at the base of the breastbone .
- Just above the intercostal joint of the lower ribs . while pressing hard on the abdomen , with a quick push . Repeat until the blockage is removed .
Heimlich maneuver for baby
- 1) To perform the Heimlich maneuver on a baby under one year old , assume a seated position . and hold the infant face down , on your forearm , which is resting on your thigh.
Support the infant’s head and neck with your hand , then place the infant’s head lower than the torso . and gently stroke the infant , five times ; on the middle of the back using the heel of your hand .
- 2) turn the baby over ; So that it is face up and above your forearm and resting , your thigh with the head lower than your torso . If the infant is still not breathing , using two fingers placed in the middle of the infant’s breastbone .
Make five quick chest compressions , press down about an inch and a half and let the chest rise again between each compression . Repeat back blows , chest compressions until breathing resumes .
In all cases of suffocation mentioned, an emergency should be called, as soon as possible. Even if the blockage is easily removed, a person should always be examined by a medical professional.
- (E) first aid for broken tooth
- If a person has had dental entry , or the tooth has been extracted . If the person has had a tooth inserted ; or is dislodged , rinse the tooth with milk or water .
- And try to return it to its original place if it is not possible to return it to its quarry . Put it in warm water or milk and head to the dentist as soon as possible.
- In any dental emergency , the most important variable affecting the success of reimplantation is the amount of time the tooth is out of the reimplanted dental cavity within one hour , of the accident .
When it comes to first aid , there is a lot to remember . However ; one of the most important things you can do to help , is to remain calm and assess the situation . And stabilize yourself or the individual until specialists arrive .
1 thought on “first aid for head injuries, poisoning, and heimlich maneuver ”