Table of Contents
Digestive system components and functions
- (salivary glands):
- (the mouth):
- (Small intestine):
- (Large intestine):
The function of the digestive system
The stages of processing and digesting food in the human body
- The secretion of digestive enzymes and other substances that liquefy food, adjust its pH, and chemically break it down.
- Mechanical digestion
- Chemical digestion ;
- Excretion ;
What happens to digested food?
How to maintain the health of the digestive system?
- Eat a healthy diet rich in fiber, because fiber increases bowel movement, which reduces the risk of constipation.
- Reducing high-fat foods, because fats reduce bowel movements, which increases the risk of constipation.
- Drink water in ample quantities to improve the digestion of food.
- Exercising regularly.
Continuous movement, regular physical activity and regular exercise are necessary to obtain proper digestion resulting from , improving bowel movement and speeding up the movement of food breakdown through the gastrointestinal tract, which avoids intestinal cramps and constipation.
- Avoid bad habits such as: smoking, drinking alcohol, and excessive drinking of caffeine.
- Control the level of stress in your daily life that negatively affects the health of the digestive system.