difference between obesity and overweight, the causes, damages of obesity, some tips to maintain a healthy weight and some healthy foods.
difference between obesity and overweight
Obesity and being overweight is one of the biggest problems, that many people face.
Obesity is a very dangerous disease for health. The danger of obesity is that , it is a disease that does not come alone.
but is accompanied by a group of other diseases. such as diabetes, pressure, arthritis, bone pain, inability to walk and move, shortness of breath and others.
difference between obesity and overweight:
Some believe that obesity is overweight, but this is not true as there are many differences between them.
this is what studies conducted on humans have proven, which showed the difference between obesity and weight.
Where obesity means an increase in the percentage of body fat. and it may also be caused by an increase in the percentage of calories that enter the body.
the body begins to store this energy inside, and thus the percentage of fat exceeds the imposed limit.
obesity is caused by an increase in weight than the normal limit, and this It is up to 20%.
Excess fat is due to eating a large amount of calories, and this is due to many reasons. that intertwine within each other and be the cause of the complete imbalance of the body. a
this is due to eating unhealthy food and meals. for this it may be better to resort to , drink hot drinks from natural herbs and plants.
that help get rid of the fats , that accumulate over time, and then be a reason to get rid of the excess fats that exist in the body and cause obesity.
Weight gain is the fat that accumulates in the muscles of the body, and there may be significant links between them and obesity.
as both obesity and weight gain are related to the amount of food eaten, and thus the body may be exposed to a significant increase in weight, and develop. gradually Even obesity is caused in a state of neglect.
Method of calculating body weight
In order to know the body weight , and determine if the weight is correct and proportional to the entire body or not.
doctors use the body mass index”BMI” to determine the obesity of an individual.
the body mass index is defined as the weight of the individual in kilograms , divided by the square of height in meters.
- If the body mass index is 18.5, then the body is thin.
- if it is from 18.5 to 25 the body is normal.
- from 25 to 30 the body is overweight.
- from 35 to 40 the body is fat and is at risk of heart disease and attacks. and with a weight of more than 40, a person is at risk of death.
Causes of obesity and weight gain
- Eating large amounts of calories, and unhealthy foods that are high in fats or sugars.
- Lack of interest in exercising.
- Affected by hereditary factors, where the genetics of people play a prominent role in causing obesity.
- An imbalance in the body’s hormones, for example, hypothyroidism leads to weight gain.
- Take some types of drugs, such as antidepressants.
- Feeling nervous or bored, it can cause many people to eat more food.
- Lack of sleep, which has an inverse relationship with excess weight. for reasons related to hormones , that are only stimulated through sleep, and the body’s consumption of human energy.
Damages of obesity
Scientific research has proven the extent of the effect of obesity on the health of its owners, not only in terms of appearance.
but also on the level of physical health and the functioning of body functions. to the extent that it may prompt anyone to think twice before eating any meal in his day.
so it is sufficient to know that there are 65% of deaths annually produced, about obesity. compared to 35% of those who suffer from , thinness and starvation around the world.
According to the estimates of the World Health Organization, more than 10% of the world’s population suffers from obesity.
some of them suffer from obesity in which the body weight mass exceeds 35. so that in 2008 the number of obese people worldwide reached 1.4 billion people.
it became clear , that the damage of obesity may exceed The recognized problems in movement and breathing.
but their disadvantages may reach the point of cancer and the inability to conceive, unlike psychological or social problems.
Obesity affects almost all body functions, making it one of the most dangerous diseases of the age at all.
whether for men or women, and among the most common damages of obesity on parts of the body:
- 1- Heart disease and strokes
- 2- Type 2 diabetes
- 3- Some types of cancer
- 4-Digestive problems
- 5-Gynecology and sexual problems
- 6- Sleep apnea
- 7- Osteoarthritis
- 8- Obesity may reduce your overall quality of life
- 1- Heart disease and strokes:
Obesity makes you more likely to develop high blood pressure, and abnormal cholesterol levels. which are risk factors for heart disease and strokes.
- 2- Type 2 diabetes:
Obesity can affect the way your body uses insulin to control blood sugar levels. This increases the rate of insulin resistance and diabetes.
- 3- Some types of cancer:
Obesity can increase your risk of cancer in the uterus, cervix, endometrium, ovaries, chest, colon, anus, esophagus, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys and prostate.
- 4-Digestive problems:
Obesity increases your risk of heartburn, gallbladder disease and liver problems.
- 5-Gynecology and sexual problems:
Obesity can affect fertility and menstrual disorders in women. Obesity can cause erectile dysfunction in men.
- 6- Sleep apnea:
People who are obese are more likely to have sleep apnea. a potentially serious disorder in which breathing , repeatedly stops and begins during sleep.
- 7- Osteoarthritis:
Obesity increases stress on weight-bearing joints. in addition to increasing inflammation within the body.
- 8- Obesity may reduce your overall quality of life:
You may not be able to do things you used to do, such as participate in fun activities. You may avoid public places. Even obese people may experience discrimination.
Other weight-related problems that may affect your life include:
- Sexual problems
- feelings of embarrassment and guilt
- social isolation
- low achievement at work.
tips to avoid obesity, overweight and maintain a healthy weight
Whether you are at risk of developing obesity, are currently overweight or at a healthy weight.
you can take steps to prevent pathological weight gain and related health problems. As expected, the steps to prevent weight gain are the same as for weight loss.
- 1- Exercise regularly.
- 2- Follow a healthy diet.
Focus on eating foods that are low in calories, and high in nutritional value. for example fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- 3- Avoid saturated fats, and limit sweets and alcoholic beverages.
- 4- Eat three regular meals a day, with limited snacks.
You can still enjoy a small amount of high-fat, high-calorie foods as a one-off treat. You just have to make sure to choose foods, that promote a healthy weight. and good health most of the time.
- 5- You must know and avoid the types of foods, that tempt you to eat more food.
- 6- Follow-up weight regularly;
People who weigh themselves at least once a week , are more successful at avoiding weight gain.
- 7- commitment,
Sticking to a healthy weight plan as much as possible during the week, on weekends.
during vacations and holidays increases your chances of long-term success.
Some healthy foods to help maintain a healthy weight
- 1– Cucumber and Chickpea Salad:
Cucumber and chickpea salad is one of the delicious, light and tasty meals in the diet. which benefit the body a lot.
In addition, this meal can be eaten at any time. because it contains simple calories, that do not significantly increase weight, and help a lot to be full and lose weight quickly.
- 5 cucumbers
- Half a cup of chickpeas
- Sliced red turnip Parsley leaves
- A tablespoon of olive oil”.
How to prepare:
Cucumber is cut into slices or skinned as desired.
Add chickpeas, olive oil, a little salt and black pepper to it.
You can keep this recipe in the fridge for two days and eat it in moderate quantities until satiety.
2- Oats with milk:
Oatmeal is a dieting friend, as it helps with satiety a lot, helps burn fat and increases activity and vitality significantly.
In addition to that oats have a wonderful and delicious taste.
You can make an oatmeal recipe with milk to enjoy a healthy meal , with a wonderful taste while dieting.
And the recipe for oatmeal with milk , is suitable as a breakfast meal during the diet, as it is a very useful and nutritious meal.
- 5 tablespoons of oats.
- A cup of skim milk.
- A tablespoon of fruit sugar or honey.
- Vanilla corn.
- 3 tablespoons of nuts.
- 1/4 cup cherry or blueberries.
How to prepare:
- 1- Put the milk on the stove until it boils, then add it to the oats in a deep bowl.
- 2- Add the rest of the ingredients and enjoy a wonderful, delicious and filling taste.
3– Salad with eggs and avocado:
The recipe for eggs with avocado in one dish is wonderful. and helps to satisfy and to provide the body with many of the elements , and vitamins that you need during the diet.
This simple and wonderful recipe , has a beautiful taste and is suitable in all meals, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner.
in addition to it also suitable as light snacks between meals When feeling hungry.
- A grain of cucumber
- Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce, parsley, and green coriander Lemon juice
- 2 boiled eggs- An avocado
You can add any of your favorite vegetables to the salad plate.
How to prepare:
- 1- Cut the vegetables into small pieces, boil eggs and cut them into small pieces or slices. Eggs can also be fried with a little butter.
- 2- Cut the avocado in slices or halves.
- 3- Add all ingredients to your green salad with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 4- Serve the dish immediately while it is fresh to take advantage of its nutrients.