difference between obesity and overweight, the causes, damages of obesity, some tips to maintain a healthy weight and some healthy foods.
difference between obesity and overweight
Obesity and being overweight is one of the biggest problems, that many people face.
Method of calculating body weight
- If the body mass index is 18.5, then the body is thin.
- if it is from 18.5 to 25 the body is normal.
- from 25 to 30 the body is overweight.
- from 35 to 40 the body is fat and is at risk of heart disease and attacks. and with a weight of more than 40, a person is at risk of death.
Causes of obesity and weight gain
- Eating large amounts of calories, and unhealthy foods that are high in fats or sugars.
- Lack of interest in exercising.
- Affected by hereditary factors, where the genetics of people play a prominent role in causing obesity.
- An imbalance in the body’s hormones, for example, hypothyroidism leads to weight gain.
- Take some types of drugs, such as antidepressants.
- Feeling nervous or bored, it can cause many people to eat more food.
- Lack of sleep, which has an inverse relationship with excess weight. for reasons related to hormones , that are only stimulated through sleep, and the body’s consumption of human energy.
Damages of obesity
- 1- Heart disease and strokes
- 2- Type 2 diabetes
- 3- Some types of cancer
- 4-Digestive problems
- 5-Gynecology and sexual problems
- 6- Sleep apnea
- 7- Osteoarthritis
- 8- Obesity may reduce your overall quality of life
- 1- Heart disease and strokes:
- 2- Type 2 diabetes:
- 3- Some types of cancer:
- 4-Digestive problems:
- 5-Gynecology and sexual problems:
- 6- Sleep apnea:
- 7- Osteoarthritis:
- 8- Obesity may reduce your overall quality of life:
- Sexual problems
- feelings of embarrassment and guilt
- social isolation
- low achievement at work.
tips to avoid obesity, overweight and maintain a healthy weight
- 1- Exercise regularly.
- 2- Follow a healthy diet.
- 3- Avoid saturated fats, and limit sweets and alcoholic beverages.
- 4- Eat three regular meals a day, with limited snacks.
- 5- You must know and avoid the types of foods, that tempt you to eat more food.
- 6- Follow-up weight regularly;
- 7- commitment,
Some healthy foods to help maintain a healthy weight
- 1– Cucumber and Chickpea Salad:
- 5 cucumbers
- Half a cup of chickpeas
- Sliced red turnip Parsley leaves
- A tablespoon of olive oil”.
- 5 tablespoons of oats.
- A cup of skim milk.
- A tablespoon of fruit sugar or honey.
- Vanilla corn.
- 3 tablespoons of nuts.
- 1/4 cup cherry or blueberries.
- 1- Put the milk on the stove until it boils, then add it to the oats in a deep bowl.
- 2- Add the rest of the ingredients and enjoy a wonderful, delicious and filling taste.
- A grain of cucumber
- Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce, parsley, and green coriander Lemon juice
- 2 boiled eggs- An avocado
- 1- Cut the vegetables into small pieces, boil eggs and cut them into small pieces or slices. Eggs can also be fried with a little butter.
- 2- Cut the avocado in slices or halves.
- 3- Add all ingredients to your green salad with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 4- Serve the dish immediately while it is fresh to take advantage of its nutrients.