Cake is one of the most famous types of sweets and is prepared in many ways and ingredients. There are regular cake, strawberry cake, chocolate cake, orange and lemon cake, vanilla cake and yogurt cake, and other types.
Cake success and failure secrets
To ensure the success of the cake, here are the secrets of the success of all types of cake.
Cake success secrets
- (1)- Eggs, butter and flour must be taken out of the refrigerator before use, so that they are at room temperature.
- (2)- The oven must be on before starting to prepare the cake, from 5 to 10 minutes. The cake preparation tray shall also be greased and prepared before starting the preparation.
- (3)- The flour should be sifted about three times and mixed with baking powder, with two tablespoons of starch. And when you measure the cup, it is full without pressing it, and without draining it.
Check the flour after sifting it, and make sure that it does not contain any lumps. We replace two tablespoons of flour with two starch.
- (4)- The same cup must be used to weigh all the preparation materials.
- (5)- You must check the validity of the baking powder. And you should not use too much baking powder in cake. Too much baking powder puffs up the cake quickly, and therefore it sinks, so the standards must be strictly adhered to.
- (6)- The eggs should be mixed with sugar and oil well, and the whisking period should not be prolonged after adding the flour so that the air does not come out and the cake becomes flabby and not puffy.
- (7)- The ingredients should be mixed in one direction. Don’t overdo the cake batter. And the cake ingredients must be adhered to without increasing or decreasing.
- (8)- If you like orange or lemon cake, add the orange or lemon zest along with the eggs.
- (9)- If you want cocoa cake, we reduce half a cup of flour, and replace it with half a cup of cocoa, and mix it with flour well. If you want to make a chocolate sauce, add cocoa with liquid in the blender.
- (10)- In the case of lemon cake, add half a cup of concentrated lemon juice, and the remaining half of the cup is milk.
- (11)- In the case of adding fruits to the cake, add a teaspoon of baking soda to it, to help raise the cake.
- (12)- In the case of adding raisins to the cake, rub it with a little flour, before adding it so that it does not settle at the bottom of the tray.
- (13)- Do not leave the dough for a long period before baking, but enter the oven directly, after preparing it, and fill the mold to three quarters.
- (14)- Always use a tray with a long edge, when baking any cake, put it on the middle rack of the oven.
- (15)- Not to open the oven until after half an hour, when the cake is finished baking, turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for another 5 minutes so that the cake does not fall.
- (16)- After the cake has matured, it is flipped out of the tray while it is hot so that it does not stick to the tray, and it is placed either over a sieve or a clean towel to prevent moisture. Then cover with a clean towel to maintain its freshness and not dry out.
- (17)- The creamy cake is baked in a medium-temperature oven on the middle shelf, where the temperature is between 120 to 130. The high oven leads to the redness of the surface of the creamy cakes and cracks before they are cooked from the inside.
- (18)- If you want to get a delicious golden crust on the surface of the cake, you can sprinkle a little powder of dried milk on the face of the mold before entering the oven, after greasing the mold with oil and flour.
- (19)- If the top of the cake is burnt, it can be removed with a knife. Fine sugar is sprinkled on its surface and returned to the oven for five to ten minutes, and a new face will be formed.
- (20)- Creamy cake dough that contains raisins, candied fruits, and anything similar that is somewhat thicker than the ones without it.
- (21)- To test the cake’s maturity, a toothpick is inserted into different parts of the cake. If it comes out dry, this indicates the cake’s maturity.
cake failure reasons
- (1)- Excessive flour in the cake makes the cake dry and weak, “where the amount of dry materials is more than liquid materials such as: milk, juice. Or mixing too much flour, you just have to mix until the flour disappears in the liquid.”
- (2)- If you notice that the cake decreases in the oven, this means that the temperature is too high.
- (3)- If you notice the color of the cake is dull, this is due to the low temperature.
- (4)- If you feel that the cake is thick and heavy, this is due to your excessive whisking, the high temperature of the oven, or the large number of liquids.
- (5)- If there are grains in the cake after baking it is because you did not stir it well during preparation, the low temperature of the oven plays a role in this.
- (6)- Cake becomes crumbly due to excessive sugar, oil or butter in its contents.
- (7)- If the cake is hard, this means that the mold is small and does not accommodate the mixture. You should choose molds with high edges because they will protect the cake.
- (8)- If the cake fell from the middle of the mold, the reason may be because you opened the oven door in the first half of baking it, or it may be because the temperature was higher than required.
- (9)- The cake shrinks and wrinkles when cooled. This is because it is placed in the refrigerator while it is still hot. You must leave it to cool down first before entering it into your refrigerator.
How to prepare an egg yoghurt cake
Yogurt cake is one of the best and most delicious desserts, and one of the easiest to prepare. It is among the cakes that always succeed, so here is the method and ingredients.
- A cup of yogurt.
- a cup of sugar.
- Half a cup of vegetable oil.
- Three eggs.
- A large spoonful of baking powder.
- A teaspoon of vanilla.
- Two cups (of sifted flour + two tablespoons of starch).
- A small pinch of salt.
- A large spoonful of vinegar.
- A quantity of crushed pistachios or coconut for garnish.
The method of work:
- 1- Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease a cake pan with a little butter and sprinkle it with a little flour.
- 2- In the bowl of an electric mixer, put the yogurt, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 3- Mix the ingredients well on high speed until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- 4- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and starch.
- 5- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly and quietly. To get a homogeneous cake mixture, stop mixing once the ingredients are mixed together.
- 6- Distribute the cake mixture in the pan, then put it in the oven for 40: 45 minutes, until it is well cooked.
Test the maturity of the cake with a small wooden stick. The stick should come out clean after being inserted into the center of the cake as an indication that the cake is done.
- 7- After cooking, close the oven and leave the cake inside the oven for about 5 minutes.
- 8- Remove the cake from the oven, and decorate it with pistachios or coconut. Leave it aside to cool, then cut it and serve it in a wrap here and recover with the tea.
Preparing a yogurt cake without eggs
This cake is prepared for those who are allergic to eggs, mostly vegetarians.
Yogurt Cake Ingredients Without Eggs:
- A cup and a half of sifted white flour
- Half a cup of vegetable oil
- A big cup of yogurt
- A tablespoon of white vinegar
- cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder
- Half a teaspoon of bicarbonate
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
The method of work:
- Beat the yogurt in a deep bowl using a hand mixer or electric mixer until you get its soft texture.
- Continue whisking, adding the bicarbonate and sugar.
- Add both the vinegar and baking powder and continue the mixing process until all the ingredients are dissolved together.
- Leave the previous mixture for ten minutes until it ferments and increases in size.
- Put the vanilla and oil on the previous ingredients, and stir gently so that no air comes out of it.
- Gradually add the flour, plus a pinch of salt, to the ingredients and knead the ingredients using a wooden spoon.
- After you have finished the amount of flour, continue the process of stirring until all the ingredients are completely homogeneous.
- Grease the tray using a small amount of oil or butter, then sprinkle with a pinch of flour, then pour the ingredients for the dough and leave it to rest for a few minutes.
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
Put the mold into the oven, then leave the cake until it matures, and then take it out to be ready to be served.
How to prepare caramel and galaxy sauce for cake decorating
First, prepare the caramel sauce to decorate any type of cake:
- 1- In a non-stick pan, put a cup of sugar and stir until it turns brown and does not burn while stirring.
- 2- Add 2 tablespoons of butter with a can of cream, (a cup of milk or a cup of cream), and stir constantly until it becomes a smooth cream without lumps.
- 3- Pour on the yoghurt cake while it is hot, sprinkle with nuts and serve.
How to make Galaxy Sauce for garnish
- A box of cream with a spoonful of butter
- 3 Galaxy pills
- cocoa spoon
Put them in a water bath or in the microwave, until they mix well, leave them until the cake cools, then decorate it.