The immune system consists of a complex network of cells, tissues , and organs in the human body .
immune system definition
It is the organ responsible for protecting the body ; from infection and substances that may harm the body . By recognizing and responding to foreign bodies that are attacking the body .
They are substances found on the surface of harmful bodies that enter the body . Where the immune system works to eliminate , or try to eliminate these substances .
immune system function
- The function of the immune system is to protect the body from bacteria, viruses, and parasites ; Which may affect it at any time .
- the immune system consists of many different parts that spread in the body , such as the lymph nodes .
- The tools used by the immune system to defend the body differ . This is due to the different parasites , or bacteria and viruses that can attack the body .
- These tools include killer T and B cells , and a large number of cells that are different in their function of defense of the body .
- Therefore, it is our duty to maintain the health of the immune system , to protect us from many diseases and epidemics .
ways to boost the immune system
- The chance of contracting viral infection and influenza can be reduced . Especially in light of the Corona pandemic , by preserving the health and safety of the body’s immune system.
- What are the ways by which, we enhance the ability of the immune system? . We present to you some steps through which we can build , a strong immune system ; if we follow them .
- The daily lifestyle and diet are two of the main factors, which help in strengthening and boost the immune system .
- In addition, a strong immune system contributes to reducing the duration and severity of infectious diseases .
- It is also responsible for controlling diseases , resulting from infection with microorganisms , such as bacteria, viruses and fungi .
- To ensure the maintenance of a strong immune system , it helps prevent many common diseases , such as colds , flu , nasal congestion , and others .
- You should follow these simple tips that help strengthen your immune system naturally.
- 1) – Eat healthy food
- 2) – Eat more fruits and vegetables, rich in vitamin C
- 3) – Get enough sleep at night
- 4) – Exposure to sunlight
- 5) – Exercise regularly
- 6) – Eat dairy products
- 7) – Staying away from stress and psychological pressure
- 8) – Maintaining a healthy weight
immune system booster
- 1) – Eat healthy food :
Eating healthy , balanced food is rich in antioxidants . It is essential for maintaining the functions of the immune system in the body.
These foods may help build white blood cells , which fight infection . repair of damaged cells , and get everything the body needs , to protect itself against diseases and infection .
- 2) – Eat more fruits and vegetables, rich in vitamin C :
Vtamin C is a natural immune booster . Among the natural foods rich in this vitamin are guava , lemon , kiwi , oranges , broccoli , hot peppers , other fruits and vegetables .
- 3) – Get enough sleep at night :
Where the night sleep period is the ideal period , to restore the activity of various body organs , and to ensure good health .
Which reflects strongly on the immune system of the body . During sleep , the immune system , releases antibodies to fight the infection .
immune system vitamins
- 4) – Exposure to sunlight :
Sunlight contains vitamin D , Which helps strengthen the immune system .
It also helps to increase the production of white blood cells and strengthen the bones .
Since the main role of the vitamin , is to help regulate levels of both calcium and phosphorous in the blood , and to a lesser extent magnesium .
Vitamin D comes from two sources :
an internal source, which is produced in the skin upon exposure to sunlight , and an external source, through what is consumed in foods and nutritional supplements.
It is recommended to be exposed to the sun for twenty minutes a day , either in the early morning .
- 5) – Exercise regularly :
Exercise , such as running , cycling , swimming , yoga , and others . For thirty minutes several times during the week , it helps to boost immunity .
- 6) – Eat dairy products :
Eat dairy products , that contain proteins and amino acids . It helps to enhance the functions of the immune system , as it helps improve digestive functions.
Dairy products include yogurt , curd , cheese , and milk .
- 7) – Staying away from stress and psychological pressure :
Keeping away from tension and psychological pressure is one of the steps that a person must avoid as much as possible , To maintain a healthy immune system .
As stress helps in the secretion of the hormone cortisol , which promotes inflammation in the body . It is the natural compound , for a number of diseases that afflict the body .
- 8) – Maintaining a healthy weight:
Maintaining weight , by following a healthy diet , quitting smoking , and drinking alcohol .
foods that boost up your immune system
Following a healthy diet is one of the most important means of strengthening the body’s immunity , and some of these foods are included :
- 1)- eggs
- 2) – Kiwi
- 3) – Red pepper
- 4) – Broccoli
- 5) – Garlic
- 6) – Almond
- 7) – Ginger
- 8) – Yogurt
- 1)- eggs :
Nutritionists explained that eggs contain more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals .
It also contains selenium , which is a powerful antioxidant , which plays a major role in strengthening the immune system .
- 2) – Kiwi :
It was found that eating kiwi fruit reduces the incidence of colds by 50% .
Because it is a fruit rich in elements ; that have proven effective in strengthening the body’s immunity , Such as ” vitamin C , potassium , and antioxidants .
- 3) – Red pepper :
Red pepper is among the foods that strengthen the immune system . By raising the efficiency and strength of the immune system, and reducing the possibility of disease .
Due to the presence of vitamin C and vitamin A alongside vitamin E , it is important for the manufacture of antibodies in ideal quantities for a person.
- 4) – Broccoli :
Eating broccoli daily supports the efficiency and strength of the immune system.
Because it contains iron and vitamin A, which are essential for healthy mucous membranes . Inside the body, healthy skin , and its resistance to harmful ultraviolet rays .
- 5) – Garlic :
It is one of the foods that give a distinctive flavor when cooking food .
It is considered one of the barriers that stand in the way of many diseases . Because it contains a compound called allinan which boosts the body’s immune system function .
- 6) – Almond :
Almonds are a delicious nut that gives food a distinct flavor. As well as its benefits in strengthening the body’s immunity.
Because it contains vitamin E and antioxidants, which work to enhance the function of the immune system to fight against diseases.
- 7) – Ginger :
Ginger is one of the herbs that have several benefits for human health .
It is difficult to eat it , in its solid form , but when it is added to foods and drinks , even in a simple way , this reflects on the immune system of the body , positively .
- 8) – Yogurt :
Yogurt is one of the most important sources , that contains a very powerful variety, to support the strength of the human immune system.
Yogurt contains beneficial probiotic bacteria , which strengthen the intestine, increase its immunity , and improve digestion and the health of the digestive system .
Within yogurt , proteins, zinc and vitamin A play strong auxiliary roles in the process of improving the strength of the antibodies , that the body naturally produces .
This was a short summary , about boosting the immune system’s ability to fight disease.