Let’s be honest here, how often do you think about foods, that are friendly to your liver?. The answer is not very often ?.
As it is the largest internal organ that carries out more than 500 basic activities, so a healthy liver is very important to the health of our body.
This powerful organ is responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, producing protein to support the immune system, eliminating byproducts, making glucose and detoxifying the body.
best foods for a healthy liver
While the liver is taking care of you, what do you do to take care of it?.
The best way is to eat the right food, but what are these foods?. Is garlic one of the best liver friendly foods?, Does coffee boost liver health? , How about fish?.
In our article today we will talk about the foods, that will take care of your liver.
- 1) – Coffee
- 2)- garlic
- 3) – grapefruit
- 4) – Green tea
- 5) – Oatmeal
- 6) – fatty fish
- 7) – Avocado
- 8) – turmeric
- 9) – Beets
- 10) – olive oil
- 11) – Nuts
- 12) – lemon
- 13) – Grapes
- 14) – cruciferous vegetables
foods to keep your liver healthy
1) – Coffee :
- Most of people love coffee, many of us don’t feel fully awake unless , we have a cup in the morning.
- Although many diets discourage drinking coffee, it is true when it comes to liver health.
- Drinking in moderate amounts is a good idea , that is full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, that protect the liver from cirrhosis.
- If you are already dealing with problems with the liver, it will protect it from deterioration.
- Besides, it also reduces fat accumulation in the liver and gets rid of carcinogenic elements.
2)- garlic :
- Garlic is a miraculous food when it comes to liver health. A diet rich in garlic helps stimulate the liver.
- This nutrient is rich in minerals such as allicin, vitamin B6, vitamin C and Selenium, it is a great detoxifying agent.
- It is also a natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and antibiotic.
- The selenium in garlic naturally relieves any burden on the liver, by increasing its antioxidant effect.
- All of these enzymes and compounds flush out toxins from the liver. And it works to protect it from chronic liver disease.
best food for healthy liver function
3) – grapefruit :
- Grapefruit is one of the most nutritious fruits , that is not only good for your liver , but your overall health as well.
- Grapefruit is rich in “antioxidants and vitamin C”, it naturally protects the liver.
- The two main components that distinguish this fruit have a two-way effect, which includes reducing inflammation and protecting cells.
- The compounds in grapefruit reduce fat accumulation in the liver , and increase the production of fat burning enzymes.
4) – Green tea :
- Since green tea became popular in the early 2000s. Green tea has become one of the most popular names in the world of healthy eating.
- One cup is packed with plenty of catechins and antioxidants, which help in detoxifying and reducing inflammation in the liver.
- A combination of exercise and green tea also reduces the risk of liver cancer.
- Research shows that drinking large amounts of it daily improves liver enzyme levels as well.
5) – Oatmeal :
Oatmeal is popular, easy to prepare, and rich in nutrients, and it’s a really great breakfast meal.
- This champion of fiber helps the liver to function at its best. Rich in a compound called “beta glucan”.
- It reduces the amount of fat stored in the liver , and protects it from potential liver diseases.
- Since fat is the liver’s biggest enemy, eating oats regularly helps shed some pounds.
- a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit helps the body fight obesity, diabetes and infections.
omaga 3 fatty acids supplements
6) – fatty fish :
- Fatty fish like salmon, sardines, tuna, and trout are packed with wonderful nutrients.
- These nutrients reduce the risk of some types of cancer, heart disease and arthritis.
- Fatty fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce the harmful effect of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Being naturally anti-inflammatory, it also helps with insulin sensitivity. No liver-friendly diet is complete, without the generous help of fatty fish.
- It works to maintain the balance of enzymes in the liver, and to stop the accumulation of excess fats.
- Experts recommend eating fatty fish at least once a week. If this is not possible, you can use fish oil supplements.
7) – Avocado :
- If you haven’t already noticed it, avocados are a superfruit!. Rich in healthy fats and natural chemicals, eating them in a balanced way might slow liver damage.
- They are packed with fiber that helps control weight and antioxidants that cleanse the liver and increase good cholesterol.
- Avocado toast, or avocado salad should be heavily included in your diet.
- It helps control non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and repair the liver. It is also beneficial for eye health, bones and brain function.
- Being one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, avocados are definitely worth the hype.
8) – turmeric :
This yellow spice is vibrant, It has been used since ancient times for its amazing healing properties , and amazing health benefits.
- The main compound in turmeric, curcumin, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It plays an important role in liver cell regeneration, while also increasing normal bile production.
- Turmeric should be a regular part of your diet, especially for those who are on long-term medication , such as diabetes or any other health condition.
- It can be added in your coffee to seasoning curries, to your food, or turmeric latte, and it can be sampled in many ways according to your desire.
9) – Beets :
Beets contain a group of nutrients that are beneficial for the liver.
- This lovely vegetable that comes in a variety of colors and shapes, is especially helpful for flushing out toxins , from the body by unlocking the blockage of the liver.
- They help stimulate lymph flow, which increases oxygen in the blood through the cleansing process.
Drinking beetroot juice also activates liver enzymes and increases bile production that helps detox the liver completely.
- Liver damage mainly results from inflammation and oxidative stress, and beets can help with that.
- They also contain fiber and vitamin C that aid in cleansing the digestive syste m.
olive oil benefits
10) – olive oil :
- If you cook foods with refined oil or margarine, you may cause more harm to your liver than you know.
- Switching to olive oil will not only be good for the liver, but it will also protect the heart, stop weight gain, and manage diabetes in the long run.
- Good olive oil is a complex blend of 30 natural phytonutrients, that support liver function and include calming inflammatory cells in the liver.
11) – Nuts :
- Nuts like walnuts, almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts are concentrated with the liver friendly nutrients.
- Replace unhealthy snacks with mix nuts or granola bars as they contain a variety of nuts and dried fruits.
- It helps repair the liver, by repairing the damage caused by fatty liver disease.
- These small but nutrient-dense foods also contain active compounds that reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Just a handful of nuts every day will be beneficial in maintaining a healthy liver.
- Remember, however, that all nuts are high in calories and should be eaten in moderation.
12) – lemon :
- One of the best ways to start your day, is drinking lemon water in the morning.
- Not only does it clean the liver, but it also keeps the immune system healthy. The reason is that lemon juice stimulates the liver to flush out toxins and allow proper function.
- Have you ever wondered why people drink lemonade for a hangover?. It’s because lemon juice has the ability to reverse the ill effects of excessive alcohol drinking.
- Lemon also protects the liver from damage. It’s also effective if you’re looking to lose a few pounds, and it’s always a good idea for your liver.
13) – Grapes :
- Grapes, especially red and purple, are full of nutrients that are good for the liver.
- The plant compounds in it reduce inflammation, prevent damage, and increase levels of antioxidants.
- Taking grape seed extract supplement for about a month improves liver function especially in people, who suffer from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- It is rich in essential vitamins, riboflavin, manganese and potassium. Eating a cup of whole grapes will keep your bones healthy. Plant compounds also prevent chronic diseases.
cruciferous vegetables benefits
14) – cruciferous vegetables :
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and mustard greens.
- They are some of the best liver-friendly vegetables. You may not like the taste, but it is full of plant compounds like phytonutrients, carotenoids, and flavonoids. It is helps remove toxins.
- They also contain certain compounds that stimulate the reaction of certain enzymes in the liver.
- It works to detoxify carcinogens and heavy metals from the blood.
- Remember to always combine cruciferous vegetables with healthy fats to get the most benefit.
- The liver deserves more attention, as it ultimately performs the important filtering function Of toxins.
- Eating the right foods will not only protect the liver, but it will also boost your overall health.
- The best way to avoid liver disease starts with healthy eating, and choosing a more active lifestyle.